electrical bike ‘Bike rage’ arrest: Pedestrians slapped and mooned
A 55-year-old Virginia man was arrested after tipsters instructed he was the aggressive bicyclist who had yelled at, struck and mooned pedestrians.
David Marlowe, 55, was arrested Sunday at his Arlington house, mentioned police within the Washington, D.C., suburb. He was being held Monday on no bond.
On Friday, Arlington County police had launched a photograph and requested for the general public’s assist in figuring out a bicyclist thought to have been concerned in 5 confrontations final month on leisure trails.
In all 5 incidents, a bicycle owner had acted aggressively in opposition to walkers or runners. In three, he had yanked down his shorts to show his naked buttocks.
Marlowe is charged with assault and battery, indecent publicity, theft and felony intent to distribute marijuana. The theft cost arises from his alleged try to take one pedestrian’s telephone. Police didn’t elaborate on the marijuana cost.
U.S. parks police are investigating whether or not Marlowe is also charged in an Aug. 13 incident by which a bicycle owner is alleged to have “flashed” a jogger throughout a shouting match on the Mount Vernon Path.
The incidents by which Marlowe is suspected by Arlington police:
• August 11, 7:25 a.m., 4 Mile Run Path. Bike owner yelled at two pedestrians to remain on the best aspect of the yellow line. When one pedestrian yelled again, the bicycle owner circled the pair, pulled down his shorts, struck the person and tried to take the lady’s telephone.
• August 15, 10:06 a.m., Washington & Outdated Dominion Path close to Columbia Pike. A pedestrian tried to take a telephone picture of a bicycle owner who had come up behind him at excessive velocity. The bicycle owner struck the person, then uncovered his buttocks earlier than driving away.
• August 16, 3:35 p.m., Washington & Outdated Dominion Path close to Columbia Pike. Bike owner yelled at two pedestrians to get off the path and handed carefully at excessive velocity whereas yelling obscenities. When one pedestrian yelled again, the bicycle owner uncovered his buttocks, then rode on the pair, yelling obscenities.
• August 21, 10:30 a.m., Custis Path. A runner was approached from behind by a bicycle owner who, whereas passing at excessive velocity, slapped her on the again of the top and yelled at her to maneuver over.
• August 29, 7:24 p.m., Washington & Outdated Dominion Path close to Columbus Road. Two pedestrians have been handed from behind by a bicycle owner at excessive velocity. When one pedestrian yelled on the bicycle owner to decelerate, the person received off his bike and struck the pedestrian within the face.