electrical bike Coventure gears up for annual enterprise funding pitch summit; digital viewing of Oct. 28 occasion out there
Right here comes the pitch! And, similar to most different issues as of late, the third Mountain Pitch Summit sponsored by Carbondale’s Coventure will probably be digital, and is slated to be webcast dwell subsequent month.
As with the primary two occasions, which have been held dwell and in particular person at completely different venues, six native corporations will probably be vying for capital funding to develop their enterprise goals.
“It’s type of like Shark Tank, besides you’re rooting for the Roaring Fork Valley native companies we all know and love,” Coventure explains on its Fb page, referencing the favored TV actuality present the place entrepreneurs pitch their proposals for an opportunity at massive bucks.
The occasion was postponed from the spring, when the Mountain Pitch Summit usually would have taken place — however for the COVID-19 pandemic that shut down most every thing aside from important companies and companies.
It was rescheduled for this week initially, however simply on Friday was postponed once more to Oct. 28.
Proposals have been pre-recorded and will probably be live-streamed through YouTube from midday to 1 p.m. Oct. 28, adopted by questions and a collection of this 12 months’s pitch winner.
The occasion is free to observe and take part in. Viewers can RSVP to obtain the occasion hyperlink, at Coventure’s website.
“We’ve been in touch with our investor group, and I believe it’s going to be a very nice occasion,” stated Martha Heim, who’s accountable for investor relations and enterprise growth for Coventure.
A Carbondale-based nonprofit group, Coventure serves as an area enterprise incubator by serving to to safe enterprise capital for start-ups and enterprise enlargement, and presents quite a lot of seminars/webinars aimed toward educating entrepreneurs.
The six corporations collaborating within the pitch occasion this 12 months embody:
• CampgroundBooking.com, co-founded by Heath Padgett and Paul Ryan, which gives an internet reservation system for personal and public campgrounds and RV parks throughout the nation and in Canada.
• QuikRStuff, a brand new start-up enterprise primarily based in Grand Junction that makes bicycle racks and is the brainchild of entrepreneurs Bryan Wachs and JT Westcott.
• MountainFlow Eco Ski Wax, a Carbondale-based group of native ski fanatics who producer pure ski wax merchandise and will probably be making their second pitch.
• The Beyul Group, which is planning to buy the Diamond J Ranch and switch it right into a wellness retreat.
• Gina Cucina do-it-yourself natural soups, owned by Gina D’Orazio Stryker, who additionally will probably be pitching for a second time.
The digital occasion might find yourself being extra interactive and interesting with viewers than the dwell occasion was, Heim stated. “It’s an effective way to achieve a bigger viewers,” she stated.