Summer is here, and the importance of cycling glasses has become more prominent, but cycling glasses are not exclusive to summer.
On a sunny day, the reflection of sunlight on the road will allow the glasses to receive more ultraviolet reflections; in windy weather, foreign matter and dust will blow into the glasses if you are not careful, which will hurt your eyes and easily cause danger; on a snowy day, the white snow will reflect. Make glasses suffer from “snow blindness”… These injuries happen everywhere, so we should take safety measures to protect our glasses
In this case, you all need a pair of riding glasses, which can greatly help protect the glasses to reduce damage, thereby improving safety during riding.
So what are the precautions when choosing cycling glasses?
1. Comfortable wearing
The choice of riding glasses must first consider comfort, which is related to the texture, size, and weight of the glasses. Try to try them first before buying them. Professional cycling glasses generally use non-slip materials on the nose pads to ensure stability during strenuous exercise. In addition, most of the cycling glasses designs in recent years will add additional vents to reduce lens fogging and increase comfort. .
2. Lens color
When choosing cycling glasses, it is important to consider that the lens has the function of filtering harmful light and anti-ultraviolet rays. Different lenses have different absorption and filtering effects on different light. Therefore, you also need to consider your usual riding environment when choosing cycling glasses. , Make different choices for different environments.
Black lenses are suitable for strong light such as noon light, and are effective in preventing ultraviolet rays, filtering glare and harmful light.
The purple lens can reduce the degree of visible light entering the eye without affecting the clarity of vision.
Try using blue lenses in foggy weather or weather with low visibility.
The red-orange lens is the best overall, which can make the surrounding terrain more clear.
The yellow lens is suitable for use in dimly lit conditions and at night, reducing the light reflection of the lens, achieving a light-enhancing effect and improving clarity.
Gray lenses provide the best color perception.
Colorless lenses are ideal for foggy or gray weather, and are often used for wind and rain.
Plated reflective lenses are necessary for highland riding, and are useful in snowy areas or high-light areas with strong ultraviolet rays.
3. Lens material
The material of the cycling glasses must be flexible, resistant to pressure and impact, so that if you fall down during cycling, you will not hurt your eyes because of the broken glasses. Generally speaking, resin lenses are better, have good elasticity and strength, are light in texture, and feel very comfortable to wear; while glass lenses are absolutely forbidden in the manufacture of cycling glasses.
Cycling glasses need to have a good anti-ultraviolet effect in order to play a good protective effect, and the lens needs to be able to filter some stray light that is harmful to the eyes. You can shake the lens in front of your eyes to see whether the lens is good or not. If the object and the lens move together, it means that the mirror surface is not flat and it is not a good lens.
4. Frame design
The selection of the frame is required to be soft, elastic, resistant to impact, and to protect the face from damage during exercise. The veneer design of the frame can keep the eyes close to the edge of the frame, preventing strong wind from irritating the eyes during rapid movement.
5. Ordinary sunglasses are not a substitute for riding glasses
(1) The design of sunglasses is not suitable for sports, which will cause the frame to slide or even fall during riding.
(2) Sunglass lenses generally have no anti-fogging function, which can easily cause lens blur in hot and cold weather, which may cause danger.
(3) Compared with cycling glasses, ordinary sunglasses lack the functions of windproof and prevent foreign objects from entering the eyes.
6. How to choose cycling glasses for myopia?
(1) Invisible + windproof riding glasses: If you wear invisible riding, you must choose riding glasses with good windproof, which may cause invisible dryness and cause injury. Do not use this method during long-distance riding.
(2) Buy cycling glasses with internal myopia frames: it is a more cost-effective choice, but the weight increases, the size of the field of view is limited, the lenses are easy to get dirty, and the curvature of the endoscope does not meet the requirements of sports optics.
(3) Flip-cover cycling glasses: equipped with myopia lenses on the frame of the cycling glasses, and connect the coated PC lens with the frame through a “flip” device, which is stronger and safer than the solution using clips, but there are fewer styles and prices. high.
(4) Customized myopia cycling glasses: it is a relatively high-end solution that can provide the most suitable optical adjustment under the curvature of the cycling glasses. Except for the thickness of the lens, it is no different from ordinary cycling glasses. Of course, the price Naturally not cheap.
(5) One-piece helmet with windshield: daily glasses can be worn inside, but there are not many goggles and helmets that support wearing ordinary glasses at present. It may be sweltering in summer and the price is not enough for the people.
After listening to Amanda’s recommendation, do you know how to choose? Hurry up and give me an inquiry to choose the style that suits you