Parkersburg Metropolis Council set to wrap up B&O tax effort | Information, Sports activities, Jobs
PARKERSBURG — The ultimate studying of a invoice approving a break within the Enterprise and Occupation Tax is earlier than Parkersburg Metropolis Council at its common assembly 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in council chambers within the municipal constructing.
The ordinance would exempt $500 within the taxes due for the third quarter of 2020 for sure retail gross sales, service companies and landlords and additional lengthen the time for companies to file returns and pay the tax due for the quarter.
Proposed in response to the impression on enterprise by the COVID-19 coronavirus and the steps taken to cease the unfold of the virus, the ordinance is the second short-term and restricted exemption to offer reduction to companies.
The one-time exemption is efficient for July by means of September. The cost due date can be prolonged to the final day of November.
Sponsors of the invoice are Councilmen Dave McCrady, John Reed and Zach Stanley.
Additionally on remaining studying are ordinances to:
* Add a buyer assist analyst to the finance division, class H-9, $15.13 an hour.
* Abandon a portion of Kenner Road, about 140-by-60 toes north of Staunton Avenue.
* Abandon an unimproved portion of the precise of method often called Locust Road at Sixth Avenue, abandon a portion of an unimproved alley often called Central Drive and abandon a part of an unimproved alley northwest of Locust.
* Abandon a 12 foot proper of method often called Neal Road between Ninth and tenth avenues to erect a brand new constructing.
Ordinances on first studying would:
* Enact pay raises, per hour, for firefighter from $13.72 $13.89, firefighter firstclass from $14.47 to $14.74 (75 cents improve after three years of service and completion of an apprenticeship program testing), police officer from $20 to $20.40, police officer firstclass after 5 years of service from $20.50 to $20.90, hearth inspector from $16.91 to $17.25, hearth lieutenant from $15.73 to $160.04, police sergeant from $22.02 to $22.46, hearth captain from $16.99 to $17.33, chief hearth inspector from $22.94 to $23.40, police lieutenant from $23.53 to $24 and police captain from $25.05 to $25.55. The pay scales can be retroactive to July 1.
* Amend metropolis code to permit utility terrain automobiles and mini vehicles on a metropolis road if the operator has a legitimate license, the automobile is titled, registered and licensed and is insured by a legal responsibility coverage at the least equal to state necessities and defines unlicensed motorized vehicle as a automobile that has not been licensed by the Division of Motor Automobiles.
* Create the Parkersburg Land Re-Use Company to advertise the productive use of properties for industrial, retail or industrial makes use of, reasonably priced housing, public areas and conservation, and to pursue the acquisition, administration and disposition of the properties. Membership consists of a metropolis councilman, a member of the Wooden County Growth Authority, a member of the Parkersburg Space Labor Council, a resident of the town who shouldn’t be a public official or a municipal worker and is a member of acknowledged civic group within the metropolis.
Council’s Public Works Committee will meet at 6 p.m. within the govt convention room to debate the ordinances amending the ATV ordinance and creating the land re-use committee.
As we speak’s breaking information and extra in your inbox