electrical bike Weds., Sept. 16 – Crunchbase Information
Right here’s what you want to know right now in startup and enterprise information, up to date by the Crunchbase Information employees all through the day to maintain you within the know.
Subscribe to the Crunchbase Daily
Portworx acquired by Pure Storage
Since its inception in 2014, Portworx has raised a total of $55.5 million in venture-backed funding, in accordance with Crunchbase knowledge. Pure Storage will mix Portworx’s container knowledge companies with its suite of knowledge companies that may be deployed in-cloud, on naked metallic, or on enterprise arrays.
- Zwift spins up $450M in contemporary funding for related health: Lengthy Seaside, California-based Zwift, operator of a web-based health platform that gives indoor driving and operating exercises immersed in digital worlds, announced it has raised $450 million in a Collection C spherical led by KKR. [Read more here.]
- VanMoof raises $40M for e-bikes: Dutch e-bike startup VanMoof, has raised a $40 million funding from Norwest Venture Partners, Felix Capital and Balderton Capital. The funding comes amid surging demand for electrical bikes in latest months.
- Veem raises $31M for enlargement: World funds community Veem introduced a $31 million capital increase, led by Truist Ventures. Additionally collaborating within the spherical have been MUFG Innovation Partners, AB Ventures, Paper Excellence and Myer Family Investments. Present traders collaborating on this spherical embrace: GV, Goldman Sachs, Kleiner Perkins, Silicon Valley Bank, National Australia Bank Ventures and Trend Forward Capital. Funds will go towards increasing Veem’s geographic footprint and product growth.
- Seeqc raises $22.4M for System-On-A-Chip: Seeqc, a digital quantum computing firm, secured a $22.4 million spherical of Collection A funding. The financing was led by EQT Ventures with participation from FAM AB, M Ventures, BlueYard Capital, New Lab Ventures and the Partnership Fund for New York. Seeqc is creating a System-On-A-Chip strategy and can use the brand new funds to advance them commercially.
- Monte Carlo closes on $16M for knowledge reliability: Monte Carlo, based by the wife-and-husband workforce of CEO Barr Moses and CTO Lior Gavish, introduced a $16 million Collection A spherical of funding to go after the info reliability class. Backing the San Francisco-based startup is Accel, which led the spherical with participation from GGV Capital, in addition to a gaggle of angel traders together with DJ Patil. Monte Carlo touts constructing the “first end-to-end platform for enterprises to extend belief in knowledge and remove knowledge downtime, aka, occasions when knowledge is inaccurate, lacking or in any other case misguided.”
- Signifier secures $10M for sleep problem tech: Signifier Medical Technologies, an organization centered on the event and commercialization of sleep problem instruments, stated it closed on a $10 million Collection C funding spherical led by Alan Howard. Different members within the spherical embrace James Blair, and current traders The Pritzker Organization, Kieran Gallahue and Resmed. Signifier has two units, eXciteOSA and Snoozeal, and can use the proceeds for product growth.
- Dendra Programs raises $10M to increase globally: Ecosystem restoration firm Dendra Systems stated it closed on $10 million in new investments aimed toward serving to the New York-based firm increase its AI and drone expertise for rebuilding complete ecosystems to a world viewers. Traders within the spherical of funding embrace Airbus Ventures, At One Ventures, Future Positive Capital, LowerCarbon Capital, Lionheart VC, SYSTEMIQ and Venture Souq.
- GoTab secures $6M for contactless ordering: GoTab, a cell contactless ordering and cost platform for hospitality, stated it raised a $6 million funding that it’s going to use for product growth, partnership acquisition and to roll out its GoTab’s Mobile POS. Traders backing the Arlington, Virginia-based firm embrace Anthony Bruce, Greg Cohen, Jodie McLean, Will Graylin, Jim Hirshorn, George Krautzel, Andrew Newcomb and Jonathan Zabusky.
- ChargePoint poised to go public in reverse merger: Reuters reported that electrical car charging community ChargePoint was near going public by way of a reverse merger with Switchback Energy Acquisition Corp. The deal would worth Campbell, California-based ChargePoint at greater than $2 billion. It’s nonetheless attainable that the deal may dissolve, however sources instructed Reuters if not, the merger might be introduced as early as subsequent week. Switchback, primarily based in Dallas, was created in 2019 as a special-purpose acquisition firm, aka SPAC, and raised $300 million in its IPO, Reuters reported. In August, we reported on ChargePoint’s $127 million Series H extension spherical of funding that gave the corporate a complete of $660 million in funds raised since its inception in 2007, in accordance with Crunchbase knowledge.
- Kahoot buying Actimo: Oslo-based on-line schooling platform Kahoot introduced it can purchase Danish startup Actimo ApS for as much as $33 million in money and inventory. Based in 2012, Actimo operates a cell workspace for distant workers to enhance the best way organizations join with and have interaction their groups.
- SEMrush acquires Prowly: SEMrush, a Boston-based on-line visibility administration and content material advertising and marketing SaaS platform, stated it has acquired Warsaw-based public relations SaaS startup Prowly.com. Monetary particulars of the acquisition weren’t disclosed. SEMrush Chief Technique Officer Eugene Levin stated in a press release that the corporate “had Prowly on our radar for a number of years, and as soon as we noticed that they may generate worldwide traction, we determined to make a suggestion.” SEMrush will add content material advertising and marketing instruments to Prowly.
• Unity raises IPO worth targets: Online game software program developer Unity Software on Wednesday morning raised the anticipated worth vary of its upcoming IPO to $44 to $48 per share, up from the earlier estimate of $34 to $42 per share. In that vary, Unity may increase as much as $1.2 billion in its public market debut and be valued at as much as about $12.6 billion. The San Francisco-based firm raised its vary after DevOps platform JFrog and cloud knowledge warehousing firm Snowflake every did as effectively. Snowflake begins trading publicly on Wednesday after its IPO priced above expectations in what would be the largest software program IPO of all time. Unity is slated to cost on Thursday and start buying and selling on the New York Inventory Change on Friday below the ticker image “U.”
• Wix.com creates new fund: Free web site creation service Wix.com created a brand new enterprise capital initiative, Wix Capital, to spend money on tech entrepreneurs centered on the way forward for the net and serving to companies function within the digital panorama. Wix Capital will spend money on seed and early-stage rounds, and has deployed greater than $5.6 million into a number of corporations together with communication and workflow software Spike, digital fintech firm Oriente, dropshipping platform Modalyst, and RestAR, a 3D capturing and AI product visualization software.
Illustration: Dom Guzman